Sunday, August 14, 2011

What happened this week

So a lot of things happened this week

Monday we went to the Air Force recruiting office to educate ourselves on a direction we may take in life. The Air Force doesn't really have what Nick is looking for education wise, but the Navy does. We don't know when we will visit them, but it will be sometime very soon.
        With this said Nick and I are trying to figure out what step in life we are suppose to take after he graduates in May. Right now we have three paths that could happen. We are trying to choose one and pray about it to see if it's right for us. Path #1 is to stay at WCU and get masters.Path #2 is to do well on GRE and work hard to get accepted to UNC Chapel Hill for masters and PHD. Path #3 Military (that will pay for education)

I had an interview this week at Dora Reed (the tribal daycare) It is basically a Head start/Early Head Start school in Cherokee. The interview went well, but I won't know if I got the job for a few weeks and then I will be on a 90 day probation and then if they decide they like me I will have benefits. They told me to be patient with them. Which leads me to believe that I would have a job, but they can't say for sure. If something else comes up I will take it.

Friday, I was so bored just being in the house watching Nick play games. I know he needs a mental break but he has been gaming non-stop : / So I told him that we are getting out of the house I didn't care where we went. We got in the car and started to head toward the flea market when he was like, "Why don't we go to Huntsville?" I was like, "GREAT IDEA!!!!" So we turned around to head home to pack, and I started calling people to fill in for me at church. I was on the phone when a number that I didn't recognize beeped in. I called it back ASAP and it was for an interview Monday morning. Nick and I laughed so hard because it was a huge "NO, you shouldn't go to Huntsville" We just laughed and laughed and laughed!!! It is funny how Heavenly Father intervenes on plans if something isn't suppose to, or if something is suppose to happen.

I have a friend whose father just passed away, and she texted me Saturday morning to see if I could come with for moral support.. I helped her clean and pack up some of his house. I was so glad I was able to help her!! Heavenly Father had more than one purpose for us not visiting Huntsville.

Monday's Interview: When I got a hold of the Principal she was so happy to hear from me. She talked to me as if she knew who I was, which threw me off a bit. She told me that she had interviewed me last year for a Pre-K position in her school and I was in her top three, so when she got my email she remember that I was that girl from Huntsville, AL. She told me it was an interview for a 4th grade position and I told her that I haven't taught it before and she said it doesn't matter.. I feel confident to go to this interview tomorrow!
The school is 48 min, away(So google map says) I will find out tomorrow if it is true or not. School there doesn't start until this coming Thursday so I wouldn't be thrown in, I would have a couple of days to set up. Last time I had a job interview in Haywood county I knew the day of that I didn't have the job, so I am hoping they will let me know if I have the job or not by tomorrow night..

Dinosaurs: Nick woke up Saturday morning and took a shower. After two things of Drano the tub still wouldn't drain, So Nick got out the plunger. I was in the living room when I heard, "Lauren I got a red one" I ran into the bathroom to find he was talking about a red dinosaur. He kept at it and we got a total of 5 out of the drain.... there was a blue one that didn't want to come out.. that makes a total of 6 dinosaurs in the tub drain. The water goes down GREAT now.. LOL

Today at church we met another married couple! This is exciting for us, because they live near us and they are around our age. Our ward has HUGE boundaries and there is mainly students that live around us, which is not so bad... It is just cool to hang out with other couples. Starting this Fall semester we have 2 married couples that have moved in and a couple that is getting married in May. We are all broke and life is good!!

Well That is the week

Over and Out

Love L-and-N

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Lauren!! Tell us all about your new job!! I'll bet you are super busy prepping for class and working your new schedule. Hope you will have time to continue to update us. I always enjoy reading your posts. Love, Jackie (Wachiwi)

    ReplyDelete