Thursday, August 4, 2011

Funny

Some funny things have happened since Joe has been here. We have tried to overlook all of the broken stuff and focus on the more comical happenings.

Trying to put Joe down for nap.. He gets settled and then looks at me and says he has to potty. Ten minutes go by and he is still there. I brave it and decide to enter and try to hurry him, and of course he screams at me "Lauren Don't LOOK!!!"  my response is "Oh come on.. I wipe your Butt!" he giggled. I sat next to him pouring warm water in the tub to try and get it declogged from the dinosaurs he put down the drain and I hear this soft "Lauren"

Lauren: "Yes"
Joe: " I need to say something but I can't"
Lauren: "why"

Joe: " You will be mad at me"
Lauren: "Well just tell me"

Joe: " It has to do with the dinosaurs"
Lauren:"The ones down the drain"

Joe: "No"
Lauren: "Well just tell me"

Joe: "Well... I dropped one in the potty"
Lauren:"WHAT???"
Joe: (gets off the potty to show me) "See"

Lauren: "well you are getting it out"
Joe: Screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Lauren: "Well you put him in there not me"
Joe: giggles
Lauren: "fine"
I then get tweezers and got him out.. Joe went to bed afterwards and a new rule was established.. No more Dinosaurs in the bathroom.
 Dinosaurs in the tub
The Dinosaurs


Another cute one that I can think of was when we were driving to church early Sunday morning and the mountains had there usual smoke everywhere. Joe asked me what it was so I told him. He didn't me believe me so I looked to Nick and okay.. your turn. Nick then proceeds to tell Joe that Gnomes live in the mountains and when it rains or early in the morning they work very hard to turn all the water into smoke or clouds. Joe said, "AWESOME, I WANNA SEE ONE."

Another bathroom story:
Once again I was asked to come to the bathroom to help Joe wipe..This time I think he had been sitting reading his Hulk comic, so it had been a while. I went to wipe but it wasn't coming off so I went to wet the toilet paper next thing I hear is screaming.. Joe then yells at me, "I DON'T WANT YOU TO PUT WATER UP MY BUTT!!" both Nick and I busted out laughing.

The map:
Joe kept telling us we could go and play at Kids Kingdom (in AL) I kept trying to tell him it would take 5 hours to get there just for us to turn around and come back. He would drop that and then say well we can go to Disney World. I found A map of the USA (Good thing I'm a teacher) and we got out some star stickers. We put a sticker where we were and talked about the state. Then we put a sticker where Nana and Papa Don lived. He got to see the distance and you could see the wheels in his brain turning. He then asked me where Arielle was, so we put a sticker there. Then I showed him how far away Disney World was. Nick and I promised we would take him there when he got a little older and could remember the trip. I very much intend to keep this promise to him. Oh and after we did this with the map he stopped asking, and started telling his new friends that he had just moved to here, NC from his Nana's house in AL. SO CUTE!!!

Another adventure we had was bug collecting. I have some really cool magnify bug jars and Joe wanted to play with them. So I let him go on the stairs and look for bugs. He came back with nothing and looked done with bug hunting so I sat down. He went outside with a Frisbee and came back in with the oddest looking spider ever. We put it in a jar and waited for Nick to come. We looked it up on the internet and it is called Spiny Orb Weaver (Spined Micrathena  )


Joe shook the jar a lot and we weren't sure if our new little friend was going to live but Nick let him out at the bottom of our stair and we spotted him and his web the next day!

The little guy will be going home soon and he will be missed I hope that we can do something with him every summer and maybe even Disney World one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment