Monday, August 1, 2011

Children

Nick and I  have had Joe (our Nephew) for about two weeks now. He has been a ton of fun! It really makes us think about what kind of parents we are going to be. We definitely wanna be proactive parents that give our child the attention he or she deserves. One thing I need to work on is my patience. Children might be what my degree is in but it isn't in patience. People tell me that it is different when you are with children all the time at home rather than just teaching them at school. They also tell me that it's different when it is your own child.

Nick and I want children and having Joe just made us realize this fact even more. One day it will happen and we will be ready for when it does.

Today for lunch Joe told me he wanted a peanut butter and turkey sandwich. I made it for him. I ate nachos.... he started dipping his sandwich into my salsa.. I started making a funny face and he asked me if I was okay. I asked him if what he was eating was good. He ate the whole thing.. yes I was shocked because it is hard to get him to eat noodles. ODD CHILD!

No comments:

Post a Comment