Monday, August 1, 2011

Hard Times

I know you are suppose to take the good with the bad, but lately it has been depressing. I know that Nick and I were led here to Whee, but finding a job seems impossible. Last year I worked as an assistant and it wasn't to bad. The principal  liked me and let me know that she was going to have two positions available for the fall she even asked me which I preferred the Kindergarten position or third grade. Well I interviewed for them and was pretty sure I would get one of them. The phone call came and for some reason I wasn't excited... the principal on the other end was telling me that I didn't get the job. Depression... Why can't I stop thinking about it. Why did she act like the job was going to be mine but I didn't get it.. I was really upset. I found out a week later that the jobs went to two young girls that just graduated from Western, they both know each other and they are from this area. I knew when I walked out of the interview I wasn't going to get the job because they asked me if I was going to live here and what my plans were. I was truthful and honest. I told them that was the plan for now, but I didn't know what the future holds for me. If Heavenly Father told me to move tomorrow I would gladly pack my bags. I do understand that they want someone who is going to stick around for the rest of their life.. oh well..

So I have had other interviews, and still nothing. I wanted to stay with my degree.. right? isn't that why I went to college and got an education in my field so I could do what I loved. I have been slow to apply to others jobs until today. I applied for some jobs that I found in the newspaper.. We will see what comes of them.

I will keep you updated in the direction we take

No comments:

Post a Comment