Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Service Project

December 5,2012


This week has been such a great one. We had two different Kindergarten classes Monday and Tueday. They were so ADORABLE and so much fun. They kept speaking Korean because they didn't know English and they didn't know I didn't know Korean. We had a lot of fun though and I was totally in love with them. (she even wanted to steal one of them)
They didn't even fit in the desks. This was my Monday group, they were about 6-7 years old. Tuesday I had 6 students and I think they were 4 maybe 5 years old. They were so cute.


SERVICE PROJECT!
Today instead of teaching we went to a local rehabilitation home and served the disabled.




We are all wearing the yellow boa tie with the school logo.

Shae attempted to put the soup in the bowls but the little lady in pink kept correcting her. She finally just took over Shae's job. My job was to give everyone a pastry and a milk. Seems simple right? well the lady in pink kept pulling me around because some people got them with lunch and some would get them after.

Becky and Amanda got to collect trays and clean off trays then hand them to the dishwasher lady in the back.

This is Suzi, our director, she handed me the milk and pastry.

I had to take a goofy picture of me because I felt goofy in the hat, vest, gloves, and boa tie.

Me taking a tray from someone.


Handing our the pastry and milk.


This is the the food we served. Sorry but I ate some before I remembered to get a picture. The meal is called Bibimbap. It is seaweed strips, octopus, rice and fried egg. You can put other things in it as well but this what we had today.

Oh While the girls were serving the people, the boys were outside washing this bus along with other vans. YES IT WAS COLD OUTSIDE but service is service.


We were ready to clean out some buses.
 We scrubbed





We Polished
 we posed with patients

We attempted to sweep out a bunch of old cabbage

And we hosed out the cabin (because that is what you do in Korea)

Us eating the yummy food. So funny because the main cook walked up to Nick and started speaking and pointing at his food like why aren't you eating this? LOL it was so funny!

Group photo outside!


We have such an AWESOME Korean Family!

I am so grateful for today. If filled my heart with so much joy and I felt the love that Heavenly Father has for all his sons and daughters no matter what nationality. It was a great privilege to serve.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are SO cute!! It looks like y'all are having a ton of fun! And that's hilarious about finding the "Who's Bob" club... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the Octopus? ;)

    ReplyDelete