Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Taekwondo


Nick and I started Taekwondo as soon as we got in Korea. The whole teaching group goes every Tuesday-Friday morning and now Nick and I are apart of it. There are 4 almost 5 black belts in our class and then the 5 white (the absolute lowest rank) belts working on yellow. It is a super awesome workout everyday and on the plus side we learn how to defend ourselves. 
      I just got my uniform this week and it swallows me whole. I have to roll up the pants and arm cuffs. I feel like the Michelin man (or a big Lauren marshmallow). I am going to get it tailored on Friday.


This morning Nick tying his belt.. It has to be done a certain way.(a square knot)

My awesome yellow socks and stance.. I'm always ready to kick butt!

My awesome knot! I finally did it with no help. My first day our instructor tied it for me and on Wednesday he corrected the way I did it.. so now I know how!

Nick and I decided to take a few goofy photos. We are standing on our bed having fun.

I love Nick's face.. and he is suppose to aim right below my nose.. he is doing it wrong.

Oh PERFECT!!  (as usual lol)


We love our morning workout even though it is hard to get out of the bed sometimes (like this morning). It is a good way to start each day. Losing weight is a plus as well.
        They only have black belt competitions twice a year so we will have to be here a little over a year to earn ours. We aren't sure if we are going to make this a goal yet or not but it would defiantly be awesome!

***** All of the (italicized comments are Nick notes)  he reads and edits each blog for two reasons. 1.) I want him to be a part of it and 2.) because I have a hard time with grammar! So if you spot a mistake, it's his fault!

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I always wanted to take Taekwondo. And the knot looks fab, as does the punch! :D Nice workout for sure. Sounds like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You 2 are silly :) That's cool that y'all are Taekwondo! You 2 must be having an amazing time! Oh I'm not sure I congratulated you, Nick, on you graduating. You know where my head's been lol! So congrats!

    ReplyDelete