Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to Nick

November 21, 2012
Happy 28th Birthday to my wonderful husband.

For the last couple of days I have been pestering Nick about what he would like me to cook for his birthday. FINALLY on Tuesday he told me he would like Homemade Korean Donuts. I quickly found a great video (Here is the link http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/korean-style-twisted-donuts ) on how to make them. Thank goodness Tuesday night was group shopping night. I was able to get everything I needed to cook but the question of when I could cook still remained. I ended up waking up super early to get things started. I made the dough for the donuts while I was making pancakes for Nick's Birthday breakfast. (I forgot to take a picture of the pancakes) They tasted a lot sweeter than the Bisquick pancakes we are use to but they were very good. After a quick breakfast we went for our Taekwondo work out and then back home to quickly eat lunch and fry the donuts.



My donuts frying. Some came untwisted when I put them in.

The donuts are now finished and ready to be eaten.

I brought the donuts to work and Nick also had the traditional fruit cake that Richard and Suzi give for birthdays. (We have had this cake 3 times in the past week)

Look at that smile

Blowing them all out...

Yummy cake!

It was a very good day for Nick today. He is a happy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment