Saturday, September 24, 2011

Brevard





Last weekend Nick and I went on a ride to Brevard. The curvy road was a lot of fun, it was truly an adventure. about thirty minutes from the house is the pretty Glenville Lake that we will be swimming in next summer. 
 Me... in the passenger seat along for the ride!

 Nick Driving!

 It was a beautiful day!

Lake Glenville!

Yes this is a black bear!

I was super excited to see him, I made Nick turn around so I could get this picture. We sat and watched him until he finally decided to walk off.
The next cool place we stopped at was the Toxaway waterfall and a small shop.



When we got to Brevard we walked around for a while. We went into a way cool toy store and of course we had to get some cool things. I got marbles for my classroom, so we could marble paint, I also got a play-doh rolling pin on sale and a cute game to play at the dinner table. Nick had a hard time deciding what he wanted because there was a lot of things he liked. He ended up getting the game OTHELLO, his favorite board game, and it showed because he dominated me the next day. We got hungry so we stopped at this little place.
 Nick ordered a Coke float
 I got a peanut butter and chocolate shake! YUM!!
 Our waitress took this for us!
Yummy hot dogs and chips

After we left Brevard we went to Asheville and watched Captain America and then ate dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant.  We had a great Saturday!!! I love spending time with my best friend. We need to go exploring more often.

Today we went to the Mountain Heritage day on campus and we bought 2 quarts of honey. I have been waiting for this weekend for a while because I refused to buy store honey. Now we have Sourwood and wildflower honey and both of them taste so good. We also had fun walking around with Jennifer and Ben Cutler and their son Camdon. We walked around together and ate all the expensive fattie foods together too. Jennifer also introduced Nick and I to shape note singing. We went and listened to them for a while, Nick and I grabbed a book and started to sing too. It was a whole lot of fun! 

Next week in the classroom I have my first observation from my principal.
Next weekend we are going camping with Brom, Sherry, Jacob, and Aaron.
September has been a great month and now that Fall is finally here it has gotten better. Fall is my favorite season followed by Spring.

We love you all and think about our friends and family often.

Love you bunches
L-and-N

No comments:

Post a Comment