Friday, September 16, 2011

Kindergarten Classroom




This week we built a cave over the classroom library and listening center. The kids had a fun time building it and helping me tape it together. They really feel like our classroom has become a forest. I wish I had more time to spend on Science. I feel that my day just goes by so fast. I never get to do what I want to do and that’s the FUN STUFF. I try hard to incorporate it in to everything we do though!
This week at school people have been seeing bears on the school campus so we have not been able to take the kids outside. The bears have been in Bryson City as well. There is talk that the reason is because we had so much rain this year that the berries didn’t grow high in the mountains so the bears are coming down to find food. This is the first year that bears have been on campus though and I think it is cool. I would love to see a bear at a distance.



This week I also got my word wall up, Thanks to parent volunteers. I rearranged my classroom a little bit to make room for my Science center.



We got the I Can Read board up and the children love it. I sent a letter home with my students telling their parents about environmental print and had them send in something their child was familiar with.

 I also started a read around the room center this week. I glued some foam hands together on wooden dowels and then I glue a letter to each hand. The children walk around the room with their hands trying to find the letter they have. When they find it they have to write the word that they found their letter in.  The children are catching on very quickly and I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment