Sunday, June 21, 2015

Toddler Teacher

I LOVE being a toddler teacher!

I found a couple ideas that I implemented in my classroom a few weeks ago. Our theme for the week was Eric Carle, so of course I made a color sorting caterpillar. Near the caterpillar you could find a tray with the glue and paper pieces on it so the students could do the activity whenever they wanted. I watched and observed as they worked.


After the colorful caterpillar we worked on matching shapes on a butterfly. We read a story about shapes first and talked about them before I introduced the butterfly on the wall. Again, I left out the tray with shapes and glue and the students glued them on whenever they were interested.



Both activities were very successful in that it showed me who needed to learn more about colors and shapes and who was ready to move on to the next level of identification. It is very fascinating to me how fast toddlers grow and grasp concepts. I learned from these activities that my toddlers like playing with glue sticks. It turned into a lesson on how and where to apply the glue and they loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment