Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

Since being snowed in basically the whole time we have been here we decided to get out and go on a day long date.

We woke up and got all dressed up and left for the temple. The bus system is not running on schedule so it's a hit or freeze situation. As we just left the house we saw a bus pass by and we knew that the next one would be 30-60 minutes away so we walked to a different bus route. We didn't have luck on our side so we froze for about 30 minutes. Lucky the bus was warm enough that my feet regained some feeling. The bus took us to the subway tracks and we jumped on our train and headed to downtown Boston. In downtown we had a subway exchange so we could head up past the Harvard area where the temple is located. We finally arrived at the end of the red subway line and saw this while waited for our bus. 
A super tall wall of snow... we are running out of places to pile it and it just keeps coming.

The bus finally arrived at half past frozen feet and we were off to the temple.....well toward the temple at least. It turns out the temple is a half mile walk from the bus drop off point. No sidewalks.. just us walking with cars driving.

We made it though and it is a gorgeous temple on the inside and out. After the temple we walked back to the bus stop and again as we were almost there we watched a bus pass. I cannot explain the feeling of freezing and depression mixed together when you learn that these buses run 1 hour apart. This was one of those times where you could say it couldn't get any worse.....THEN it started snowing. We had good spirits about it though and lucky a bus rescued us about 40 minutes into our wait time.

We made it back to town and ate an early dinner and grabbed dessert for the road.
Then we went back underground to jump on the subway to head home... five stops into the trip we figured out we were going the opposite way of home so we jumped off and jumped on the train going the right way. We finally made it to our station and we eventually got on our bus and got home safely. My Valentine's Day surprise was waiting in mailbox and I was super excited to open it. Nick gave me the greatest gift ever. He adopted a sea turtle for me!!!!!! I can either name a baby sea turtle or I can track a sea turtle but I can't do both. I think I'm going to go for tracking a turtle because then I can keep track of him. I'm super excited about it! As I was reading through my Adoption papers Nick was drawing a bath for my feet because, didn't I mention I couldn't feel them anymore?

Well our day getting out of the house was eventful to say the least. I hope all of you had a great Valentine's Day and a great 3 day weekend. 

If you take anything away from this blog please let it be one of these three things. 1) the temple and cannolis are always worth the risk. 2) proper foot wear is a must! 3) if you are handed a snow ball... make snow cream :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute post Lauren! You're way better than I am going to the temple in the snow!
    You look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete