Sunday, August 10, 2014

Nick's Hidden Talent

Here recently we have been visiting our beautiful swimming hole. We have gotten a lot of rain so it has been very very full. We have been on morning schedule (8:30-5) so we attend taekwondo in the evening with a group of amazing kids. Nick has discovered some confidence in his tumbling abilities.




At first I freaked out, because we are getting old and I didn't want him to end up like me, a gimp. Then I realized we are still young. Nick is so fit right now.... Now is the time for him to flip and do whatever he wants within reason.

Other than Nick's awesome flips we went to Seoul again a couple of weekends ago for our routine Temple trip, but this time we were able to meet up with a friend. Although I had never met Dorthy Stott before, I knew both of her parents from Church in Alabama. Her mother told me that she loved Korea. Last summer when she came for a few weeks we tried to meet up but I got sick and we missed each other. We kept in touch and this year we finally met up and man am I glad we did.  She showed us some great places and things to eat not far from the temple, too bad we didn't discover them earlier!

Nick and I at the Seoul Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

First time we tried Soldiers Stew: Raman, hot dogs, bean sprouts, macaroni, spam, random meat, cheese, rice cakes and more. When you started running low on raman and rice you can add more at no extra cost. It was delicious and spicy.


Dorthy brought us to an AMAZING dessert place. We had the tallest oreo bing su (like shaved ice) and Nutella pancakes SUPER DELICIOUS!!!

BRAIN FREEZE!!
Just a fun picture! We had a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I only wish I had more than one evening with you both! Brings back memories...delicious memories...

    ReplyDelete