Sunday, March 24, 2013

World Travelers

       Nick and I have decided that we want to travel the world, Why stop at Korea? To help us reach this goal we put in play another idea. Pinning places we have been on a map and therefore see the places we want to go. A while back we bought the two maps below for that purpose. We are not really suppose to put things on the walls so we had to get creative. 

 Step 1: purchase a lot of cork board pieces. 
Step 2: hooks with the sticky pad that when pulled on comes off.


 Step 3: Add maps with cute push pins
 Step 4: Add pins to the places that Nick and  I have been together.


Step 5: Hasn't been completed yet but we hope to add pictures and things so it doesn't look so boring.


We plan to add a lot of pins on this board before we leave Korea.

Okay I know it has been a while since I have written a blog but we have been busy. I feel like I don't even have time to clean my house...I have to schedule weekends just to get it done. We have been here over four months and it feels like time is really flying! Before I go I will share a funny story with you.

     Last Sunday my visiting teachers from church gave me a clear zip-block gallon bag full of homemade chocolate chip cookies. My back pack was full and I didn't want to crush the delicate cookies before they were dunked in milk and devoured. So I carried them in my hands on our trek from church to the bus station. As we finished climbing our way out of the subway we were approached by a very old man who had no teeth and walked funny. We are used to Korean being friendly, but I could tell immediately something was up. He pointed right at MY cookies... MY PRECIOUS COOKIES!!!!! I decided to be nice and gave him ONE, and as soon as that cookie got in his hand he asked for another. Being quick on my toes I made him say a few words in English before he was rewarded with another one of MY cookies. The lesson I learned was that no matter how much I wanted perfect cookies to dunk in milk, crumbs would make a good cereal. 


We will leave you with this picture of our fish waffle iron. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment