Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year

We brought in the new year with a big bang.
Adam and Shae invited us to shoot of firework on the roof. 


Adam and Shae!

On New Year's Day we cooked up some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and some country gravy. So YUMMY. Made us miss home just a little :)
Nick kept taking picture of me because he says I'm not in enough of them.

Our super yummy meal!

and of course I had to take a picture of Nick. We are all dressed up because we decided to have a special date night.



So far 2013 has been VERY busy. We started a new schedule and it has been a challenge. We like the schedule because we get home by 5pm, but we don't like being up at 8 am and working by 8:30. Hopefully this next week will be better.

The first thing Nick and I did this new year was set goals individually and as a couple. It was a great time to sit and think about what we wanted to do this year and what improvements can be made. We have done this every year and I wish I had our list to see if we followed through.

Some things on our list that we don't mind sharing with everyone:
Learn to read Hangul
Progress in Taekwondo
Lower Nick's Cholesterol
Go to Japan
Keep updating the blog
Explore more culinary possibilities
Research schools for Nick
Read scriptures more
Make new friends

We are excited as we look to the future and see what could happen but not knowing what will happen.

Some funny things that happened this past week....
We had to go into town to get my Taekwondo uniform tailored.We passed this man on the way. Don't ask me why he is trying to get rid of ice with cold water and it is below freezing out. I laughed at him and had to take this picture.

We also passed this awesome truck that smelled so fantastic :/ The fish were pretty cheap though.

On a different trip to Changnyeong we took a short cut to get back to the car. Adam was leading us through all the ice and SLIPPERY ICE. I was wearing a dress and flats with no traction to the ground. I kept slipping and sliding just trying to walk. Then we crossed a bridge and turned right to head DOWN A HILL.. a good steep slippery hill all covered in ice and snow. All I could think about was falling and sliding and I was not happy. They boys went first and I was last. I honestly did not think I was going to make it and started to panic. Well my lovely husband handed Adam his phone and had him record it. Nick uploaded it to Youtube... you can watch it here: 




This week our school also made the newspaper. Remember the service project our staff did before Christmas? Well I guess it made an impression in the community!


Sorry It is sideways but it is the boys washing a van.


This is when we campaigned against violence at the boys middle school.

The last thing for this post is my drawing of the Laurensaurous. I taught my class about dinosaurs this week and had them create their own so I drew an example on the board. I think it looks pretty awesome.


(watch out, it bites)
I hope all you are doing well. I'm sorry we haven't been texting and talking much but we have been really busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment