Saturday, October 24, 2015

Manchester, NH

For conference weekend Nick and I had access to a car so we decided to travel a little of New England.

When we first moved to Boston a high school friend contacted Nick letting him know that she and her husband didn't live very far away. We were invited to visit when we had time, so we took this weekend as the opportunity to visit Amber and Dave in Manchester, NH. Nick told me that they loved to kayak, hike and explore so I knew whatever they planned for us would be awesome. We were excited to learn that we were going to the oldest family friendly fair in the US.

Deerfield Fair was a blast.

When we arrived we had to take these pictures.


If you can't tell Dave and Amber have a fun personality!

The first thing we wanted to do was watch the tractor pulling contest. We got there at the beginning and only watched the first round of the pulls. Those little-old tractors were powerful. I'm a country girl but I have never been to a fair like this before.


Next up we walked through a petting zoo that had a KANGAROO! This was the first time I have ever seen a kangaroo in real life.. I think.. I have a horrible memory, but I will definitely remember this guy.
And this cute llama.. I wonder where his mama is?? haha.. if you don't own this book you wouldn't get my reference :)
Okay so I admit that I love animals. I think all of them are super cute and I secretly wished I owned a farm. which is why I was thrilled when Nick found a tractor to stand beside and asked me to take his picture. Maybe it's a sign of the future? I guess we'll find out as we track along.

Nick of course would drive the tractor on the farm and would probably dress up like this guy. This poor clown was playing the same song all day long. I don't know how he got it out of his head when he went home.. poor guy.

Okay enough clowning around... My favorite part of the whole fair was the FRIED DOUGH!!! I made sure mine had plenty of powder sugar :) oh and a few dashes of the cinnamon too.

We walked around all day checking out all of the different buildings. It seemed like they had judges for every category possible: animals, fruits, vegetables, paintings, jelly, cookies, pie, cakes, photography, school projects and so much more. Nick sat and watched as some cows were being judged. He found it fascinating as the judges explained why they picked the winning cow.

The fair had a section just for carnival rides, which we didn't even have time to visit.. nor did we really want to waste the money.

We spent time watching the Acrobatic show though and that was fun and impressive.


If you have good eyesight then you might be able to see the people in the air with red shirts on. They were tight roping and it was very cool!


We also watched this little guy get sheared. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her because it was cold outside and they took her warmth away.

I will leave you with the tiniest fire truck ever.. "No Fire Too Small"

No comments:

Post a Comment