Sunday, May 3, 2015

Working out STINKS!

So my life lately has been rough because losing weight is no easy task. I have three places that I visit almost everyday. Of course my actual home is at the top of the list but a close second is my new job and then the gym. I work out everyday.... I know the names of the people at the front desk and have conversations with the old men who wear short shorts, basically underwear, with the weight belt around their waist and nothing of a shirt.

If you workout at the gym regularly you get used to the smells. If you are lucky the person next to you is wearing deodorant or better they cover their stink with perfume. If you are unlucky you hop on your favorite machine, start peddling along and then have no choice but to get off because of the stink coming off the dude next to you. This experience happened to Nick and this stink was unbeatable. Nick left to walk on the treadmill and when the man got up from the bike Nick tried to go back but the smell was still there.

People who are working out at the gym are usually trying to eat healthy right? This means lots of fruits, vegetable, protein, and I guess they eat a lot of beans?!?!?! I say beans because the more you eat them the more you fart... FARTS THAT STINK!!! These people are the worse to work out next to. One minute I'm cruising along on my elliptical watching my favorite show and then the next minute I'm choking on gas. I'm the person who makes that crazy face and starts waving at the air. I have even covered my nose with my shirt so I could smell my own sweat instead of the deadly toxins in the air.

When I first started my job, there was a stomach virus going around. I didn't realize my stomach was upset until I was working out on my elliptical. When I felt the rumble I knew this was going to be a fart of ages. Looking around I noticed some previous offenders and decided that rather than excusing myself from my machine I would take out my revenge. Holding it in until it could no longer be stopped, I eased out the noxious gas. Being careful not to make a sound so that I didn't reveal it's origin. I stifled a wry smile as I glanced over to my companions and notice their belabored breathing and the movement of cloth toward noses.. I knew my revenge had been exacted.



No comments:

Post a Comment