Sunday, June 9, 2013

Okcheon Hiking

Hiking and I usually get along pretty well, this hike kicked my butt!! We had an unusual week at CEV because Thursday was Memorial Day (No School)  the other teachers got to do what I think is the best thing in the world TEACH KINDERGARTEN for two days. I was so jealous that I was stuck in Cyber School while they were doing the thing I love.  I was thankful that we did a group picture and I was able to use my new Korean speaking skills with a few of the students.

                 

Friday Richard took us to Okcheon where we saw a nice temple and then proceeded to hike to the Buddha. I was warned that the hike was straight up, but it was short. I realize now that I should have taken pictures of the STAIRS (if you can call them that) so you would realize that only giants were capable of walking them. Lucky for me I work with some (you can read their blog here). When I finally reached the top it was so beautiful I didn't want to jump down. Here are some picture of the view!
At the temple. The mountains we were in were so gorgeous. 


 Looking out from the Buddha
 The Buddha
 US!!! Proof that I did make it to the top!

Richard our Superintendent.

No comments:

Post a Comment