Monday, May 6, 2013

Banana's?

First I must start this update by telling you I had an incredible weekend. I ate cinnamon rolls, tacos, tacos, and more tacos. I also had a Subway sandwich (YUM!!!). I was able to go to the PX (Shopping on the military base) and pick up a new pair of jeans. At the PX is where I found the Taco Bell and the Subway. I'm sure the people working thought I was crazy because I ordered from both places sat down and ate my tacos then got up and ordered some more. All of my orders were large because I got some goodies for Nick, although he wasn't with me. I'm sure the people thought I had eaten all that food and came back for seconds.. HAHA! I am so grateful for our friends.. they are so wonderful. They feed us yummy food and let us stay with them and mess with their kids. We love them!!

Now down to business. I must apologize for not posting but I have been really busy. I found out a week ago I was being moved to Cyber School with Nick until the end of July (we start this week). I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but leaving my classroom on Friday was hard.

Our two new teachers came this week. They are from Colorado and they seem pretty awesome. Before they got here these pictures were put up of them. I know you can't read or see it well, but the red background made them look devilish and plus they spelt Brian as Brain. It was really funny and a little creepy. When Richard and Suzi noticed they took it down and replaced the background and corrected the spelling of his name.

So the past few weeks have been fun and also challenging. I had a Saturday where I just melted down and cried a lot. I really missed home and just really needed a hug from my mommy. In-fact  I'm very grateful to a dream I had right before this depressing day(which probably caused it to begin with) that allowed me to hug my mom. We were both crying as we hugged one another. I woke up with tears in my eyes. I'm thankful I had the dream and I am also thankful for my awesome husband who knew what to do to help pick up my spirits (or his). He ran out and got us some pizza! Yes it had corn on it but it was still really good. Here is a picture of us enjoying the pizza. (it only took two cab rides and a quarter mile walk to get it)



Moving on... We have spent a lot of time on the bus, going to Daegu for one reason or another. This guy in the picture drove up beside the bus. He is driving a front loader and on his cell phone. If this isn't scary I don't know what is. 



We went to the market one day and found these frogs in a bag to be sold for food. This made me sad because we have been watching over a family of frogs that is currently living in one of the drain areas by school. They aren't nearly as big as these boys but they are cute.

We also found these soft shelled turtles for sale.. ewe

Nick went to Seoul for a meeting and found this really cool machine. The top four rows serves bananas and the last three bottom rows serve a banana holder.


He had to have one...

Well that is about it for an update on us.. however I do wanna wish all of my Mothers a Happy Mother's Day! To my mom, you have always been there for me to support me and help me realize what life is really about, thank you for that. I will be thinking about you on Mother's day. Jennifer, You are a great Mother-in-law. I can't express how grateful I am for you being in my life. I am also grateful to you for raising Nick. Judy, thank you so much for being there for me, I love you! 

Also I wanted to let my brother know how proud I am that he has graduated college. This is a huge accomplishment that many people in our family haven't reached yet. Welcome to the side of, "Now I have a degree, now what?"  I love you and your family so much keep accomplishing your dreams (one bite at a time).

I am also proud of Devan and Duncan, they both graduated Snow College with their two year degree this past weekend. 

Okay, Okay... enough of the mushy stuff.. I will leave you with the cutest picture I have probably taken in Korea.


This little guy is holding Nick's finger on the bus.. I think you can even see a little smile. SO CUTE!

We love and miss you all... Can't believe it has almost been six months.


No comments:

Post a Comment